Monday 19 September 2011

Spider-man Cake

My husband is an avid blogger, and has been trying to get me to blog about something for ages.  So here it is.  I'm new to the world of cake decorating and cake shows and all things involving buttercream, and have decided to blog about my adventures.

I made a spider-man cake on the weekend for my husband's birthday.  I scoured the internet for ideas (and there are some great ideas out there!), but as I have no idea how to sculpt cakes, some of them were beyond me.  When I saw Wilton's 3D skull pan for hire at My Delicious, I came up with a plan.

 

I filled in the skull cavities with buttercream before covering in red fondant.  It took me ages to do the piping, but it was heaps of fun and worth the effort!








And my final thought for the day - what is the fascination with Red Velvet Cake?  Isn't it just chocolate cake with a whole lot of red food colouring??  If anyone can tell me the difference, please let me know :)

-N- 

1 comment:

  1. Your cakes are amazing! You should enter them into the royal cake shows, definitely better than the ones that were on display this year

    ReplyDelete